+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any one use snipper?

1. Join Date
    Jan 2006

Any one use snipper?

I just spent the day picking up some 400 pounds of sweet gum balls. With the last big storm It looks like 3/4 of then little prikly things have fallen.
    The greass has not yet started to grow so I thought Id they to pick them up with my lawn sweeper. I have a offset toung that I use on a pullbehind mower, this alowed me to pick up the gumballs befor my tired pushed then into the ground.
    Been doing some internet serching and just wonders if anyone has used this product (Snipper) to stop the tree from producing gumballs?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    lol i did a job like that the other day, hauled out 8 cu yards of gum balls and i suggested to the homeowner about injecting it with snipper

3. Join Date
    Dec 2001
    I'm picking up a Wedgle Direct-Inject next week so no I havn't used Sniper yet. Florel will do a great job for ya out of a conventional spray rig, but it's kinda pricy. It's an "off label application", but if you were doing your own trees Sevin, at label rate, for codley moth, at bud break, will get ya around an 60-80% reduction of fruit. It may me possible to improve those numbers by increasing the number of sprays to cover the buds as they break at different times. Like I said it's off label so only try this at home. Sevin is dirt cheep.
    Be Well---Do Good Work---Stay in Touch---
    Garrison Keillor

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The problem I know Im going to have is this is a public park (some 9 trees, very large) that is used all the time.Young and old, use the park and Im afraid if I leave the micoinjector in the tree some teen with nothing to do will mess with it.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2001
    http://www.arborsystems.com/

Try this link. It explains the system I'm looking into.
    Garrison Keillor

6. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dhardin53
    The problem I know Im going to have is this is a public park (some 9 trees, very large) that is used all the time.Young and old, use the park and Im afraid if I leave the micoinjector in the tree some teen with nothing to do will mess with it.

it only takes a matter of minutes for the tree to suck up the chemical out of the containers, so you can take them out fairly quickly

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    does anybody know where i can get sniper product??

8. Join Date
    Nov 2004

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    thanks NCSU and Russ, I migh consider doing then or having them done.
    Now how much dose this stuff cost and how much will I need per tree.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2001
    The Wedgle Direct-Inject equipment is gonna run ya 550 to $600. A full line of products is, I think, $500.00. The product is injected every 4 inches around the base of the tree at a cost of about $1.00 per injection site. Retail pricing is 10-$15.00 per injection site. The defruiting agent from Arborsystems is called Pincher. As I said, I havn't bought or used the system yet, but the guys I know who are useing it say it is effective and the customers like the idea of giving the tree a "shot".
    Garrison Keillor

+ Reply to Thread